[APD] float switches/overflow prevention

  Hello Fellow Plant Fiends ! :)   I have been away
from the list for some time, but am getting ready to
start up my tank again. After breaking down my 90g
planted tank back in May of '02 for the move when I
purchased my house, I am way beyond ready to set it
all back up. In the meanwhile, I have built myself a
new tubular aq stand/cabinet, and have added a wet/dry
filter.My question relates to the risk of
overflow/flooding. Being as I now have 90g +
~15g(approx vol of sump),theoretically, if enough
plant matter/debris were to plug the return, one could
have more water entering the aquarium through the
spraybar than leaving through the standpipe. I would
be much more secure if I had some sort of float switch
rigged up to shut down my Rainbow-Lifeguard 1140GPH
pump should the water level get too high.
   I'm hoping others here have already done something
along these lines, so any pointers,leads on sourcing
parts etc, would be most welcome:)

Thanks in Advance
James (Western Canada)
http://www.connect.ab.ca/~jamesdfo/