[APD] Pottasium Testing

I recently purchased a Lamotte Potassium test kit. The directions are somewhat ambiguous. It says to add reagent and then insert tube until black dot at bottom becomes obscure. I?m not sure if the tube I received is defective but there is a significant portion of the bottom of this tube that is black and though its visisbility fades the further into the test solution I insert it, it never dissapears. I know this could mean that I?m that low on Potassium, but if I were?nt, I?m not sure at what point the visibility of the black dot would be considered obscure. It seems the term obscure is left open to the interpretation of each individual. Does anyone have experience with this kit? Any suggestions or tips? I may call Lamotte and ask them but I thought to try you guys first. Thanks for your help. Chas.