Re: [APD] Lighting

Tesla was fooling around with wireless lighting, among the
many other "wild and crazy" things he was into. In fact, he
figured it was possible to transmit electricty great
distances without wires and pursued this idea for many
years after he had established the viability of
transmitting alternating current via wire.

The lights in his shop were wireless. Tesla saw very few
patents go into production. One of the few was the ac
motor, which he essentially gave away to his friend
Westinghouse.

Meanwhile, Edison, whose patents relied on DC power
generation, gave demonstartions of animal electrocution
around the country to demonstrate how dangerous AC was.

Tesla countered my giving himself a large jolt of AC at
very high frequency and suffered no apparent harm. The
Edison was always the more popular of the two, as were his
shows.

sh