Re: [APD] pH, KH, CO2 - Now I'm confused

The tests might be off a bit too. If you aren't adding any
CO2 and you have decent water current flow in your tank,
your water CO2 level at water should be at the equilibrium
level from air contact, which probably only a few ppm --
maybe 4 or 5 or even 7 ppm. If you're reading 10 or 12 or
15 ppm, then the reading is probably in error. Note that
small diffs in the test reading, especially the pH reading
can make a big diff in the CO2 value one gets from the
chart.

A nice target to shoot for if adding CO2 is 20 - 30 ppm.
ONce you see that your fish are not stressed, you can up it
until you're sure you're knockin on the door at 30 ppm. But
it's better to undershoot than overshoot when you're first
setting up.

sh