Re: [APD] Clear for Life Aquarium Problem

NOW THAT...
IS FALSE ADVERTISING...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Baker <jerry at bakerweb_biz>
Sent: Sep 29, 2005 12:50 PM
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Subject: Re: [APD] Clear for Life Aquarium Problem

Bob Crosby wrote:
> OK, maybe I'm just a bit dense here, but after following this thread since
> its beginning and looking at www.clearforlife.com, they say the following:
> "Advance Aqua Tanks offers a Lifetime Warranty on all our ClearforLifeT
> aquariums. What does that mean? Simply this: We stand behind our product 100
> percent."
>
> Apparently "stand behind" means something entirely different to them than a
> rational person's interpretation, given their refusal to do anything about
> the situation.

Their warranty is very clear once you get a copy of it with your tank.
They warrant the tank against leakage and nothing else. If it does leak,
you have to pay the freight charges to ship it to them.

It has been frustrating and that's why I have posted the story. I'm sure
9 out of 10 times someone buys a tank from them it will be fine, but I
wanted people to be aware of what will happen if you do have a problem.

--
Jerry Baker