Re: [APD] T5 endcap question

both my planted tanks use T5HO; diy canopies using icecap water resistant
endcaps ... I bought them from www.reefgeek.com <http://www.reefgeek.com> -
I see reefgeek also sells the mini-bipin twist-lock (which I think is the
standard socket) ... for under two bucks

if you have any reef / marine fish stores in the area, check them...
although the two marine stores here are still under the impression that t5ho
is 'junk' and don't carry anything...

another thought if you don't mind a little DIY, is find the under cabinet
lights that use the T5NO bulbs (same socket), and raid the fixture for its
sockets ... I've seen them on sale for $10 sometimes, so $5 a socket is kind
of steep I guess... a lot less expensive than the icecaps, but then again, I
wouldn't trust an open-air socket to being installed literally at the waters
edge as my icecaps currently are.

Gordon