Re: [APD] Solenoids & Needle Valves

Theoretically,  one could use a laminar flow restrictor in the CO2 line
from the regulator, then, if the restrictor was properly chosen, one
could set a bubble rate by changing the regulator output pressure.
Back when I was working for a living, I was really fascinated by the
Lee Company's laminar flow restrictors, some of which were virtually
solid plugs.  However, I don't know if they still make them or if they
were enough of a restriction to control at bubbles per second of CO2
rates.  (I once invented a device using Lee  laminar restrictors and
orifice restrictors in a Wheatstone Bridge circuit that would shut off
a valve if a low viscosity fluid, like water, tried to flow thru it.
Since the application I wanted it for wasn't a major one, the
invention, like most of them, ended up in a dead file, but the
prototype worked very well.)

Vaughn H.