Re: [APD] GH vs. PPM

RM: "I can't comment on your KH/pH problem because you didn't describe it."

Low KH and low pH indicating extremely high CO2. I'm ignoring the tests for
now.

RM: "With all due respect to the manufacturers, it is a waste of money to
use a chemical product to reconstitute RO water unless your tap water is
*really* out of whack.  Just mix your RO back into your unsoftened tap
water to get what you want."

Yeah, I thought about doing that but I think this water is *really* out of
whack. It stinks of bleach, comes from the same groundwater source that
feeds dead (no plant life) surface waterways, and is problematic to use
because of the whole-house salt-based water softener. My only real concern
is determining how low I can go on the TDS with goldfish in the tank. I
took it down to 170ppm last night by dribbling in RO water for a few hours
and they still seem fine.

RM: "If there's really something messing with the results of your
titrations then it is most likely to be either the quality of the test kit
or an inattention to detail offered by the analyst."

Heh, that is the most polite version of "user error" that I've heard. Thank
you for that, but I -think- I'm doing it right...

TW: