From: Paul M Wallace <pwallace at u_washington.edu>
Sent: Sep 26, 2005 3:30 PM
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Subject: Re: [APD] ADDING VINEGAR -PLANT GURU`S RESPONSE

ajit:

There are so many ways to produce CO2.  The vinegar/baking soda (KH) works.  There is a posting out there trying to use a commercial Acid Buffer and Alkaline Buffer to produce CO2 for a planted tank.

There is also the age old "dry ice" too.

What these approaches lack is controllability, and longevity.

Ie they don't last long and have the potential to go very wrong.

So yeast DIY CO2 is the cheaper answer in that it will go for a few weeks with compressed offering subtained control.

So your point is valid, in that there are many ways to go about this.  I would start by dripping vinegar onto limestone chips/baking soda in a bottle like DIY yeast.

-Paul