Re: [APD] Top Fin Brand.

(snip)
------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:38:03 -0700
From: Jerry Baker <jerry at bakerweb_biz>
Subject: Re: [APD] Topfin Brand
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

David Grim wrote:
> Sandi,
> That could easily be the case. I was told Top Fin was an All-Glass
> manufactured product by a PetSmart Tropical Fish department manager, so I
> was just passing on info told to me. That is kind of scary if the person
> running the department doesn't know.

When was the last time you went into a chain pet store and the employee
knew what they were talking about regardless of the subject? The store
hires people for $6 an hour, and that's the level of service you can expect.

--
Jerry Baker
(snip)

The manager that told me this is actually more of a pond guy. He is deeply
into the Koi scene, so maybe fish tanks themselves are not his forte. I'll
give him the benefit of the doubt. Anyone can make a mistake. I suppose if
the brand you sell is X, it is not necessary to know that it was mady by Y.

You really cannot generalize the competence level of all hourly pet chain
employees like that. I have met the type you desribed all too frequently,
unfortunately, but there are those that are very knowledgable with years of
experience, even if they are young. This person was salaried management, not
hourly, anyways.

Regards,
Dave