Re: [APD] O2 regulator on CO2

>Phillip Grobler wrote:
> > As I understand it O2 is at higher pressure, and more corrosive than CO2
> > and as such the  regulator should be fine ? The only reasoning  I can
> > see not to use a O2 regulator is that the CO2 cools quite rapidly if the
> > regulator is opened fully and that might cause a problem if the
> > regulator gets  to cold.
>
>It may be that CO2 regulators have to deal with acids. As you know, CO2
>and water make carbonic acid. If there is any water vapor in the gas,
>you will have some carbonic acid on the internals of the regulator.

While all of the above may be true, allow me to say that I have been using
a used 2-stage O2 regulator on CO2 tanks since 1990. That's over 15 years,
and it continues to work just fine. The female fitting that came with the
O2 regulator had to be changed, because CO2 tanks have a larger diameter
male threaded connection.
Neil