[APD] O2 regulator on CO2

Is there any good reason not to use a O2 regulator on a CO2 cylinder ? I
live is South Africa and CO2 regulators are +- $150 where as I can get
O2 regulators for +- $60

As I understand it O2 is at higher pressure, and more corrosive than CO2
and as such the  regulator should be fine ? The only reasoning  I can
see not to use a O2 regulator is that the CO2 cools quite rapidly if the
regulator is opened fully and that might cause a problem if the
regulator gets  to cold.

Any one that is more knowledgeable know why I shouldn't

Phillip Grobler