Terry Barber wrote:
> If you really want to reduce organics in water using H2O2 apply uv light to
> form .OH radicals and then you will see some serious reduction take place.
> Topic of my ms thesis was using uv/h202 in water for bacteria/organics
> (think wastewater treatment).
>
> Not sure if it would zap a biofilm - the free radicals may not hang around
> long enough to do much.

I have read some interesting papers on wastewater treatment using this
method (and Fenton's reaction too, but I didn't want to ruin the iron in
my water column). I just didn't/don't have a UV sterilizer handy, and no
way to measure hydroxyls if I did. I did have a bottle of peroxide in
the medicine cabinet though ;)

--
Jerry Baker