From: Bill D <billinet at comcast_net>
Sent: Sep 23, 2005 4:40 PM
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: Re: [APD] Sword Roots

My point in commenting on the large mass of roots that the sword produced
was prompted by my lack of success with water column-only feeding.  I was
thinking that if the sword and other  plants put out masses of roots, they
must be looking for something down there, like nutrients in the substrate.

But, on the other hand, if there were adequate nutrients in the water
column, maybe they wouldn't grow as many roots?

Bill