Re: [APD] H2O2

Are all DOC's bad? Is a water change tough? Doesn't activated carbon remove DOC's?
Doesn't high levels of oxidation preciptate out many reduced compounds?
I question whether DOC is bad. If it is overloaded in a tank, then yes, but a balanced rate of DOC production with an output is a good thing I would argue.
When you amp the growth rate, then you need to find other forms of export since you outstrpi the bacterial reminerialization rate.

 H2O2 might work a little, but heck, just do a water change, it has many other things that will help maintain the tank better.

I think we have plenty of tools available that are not as potentially harmful to live stock and non targets at removal of and control of DOC's than of H2O2. Otherwise it's just an algae spot treatment.

This has been discussed for use in our tanks several times here on the APD as well as many other forums. 16ppm sounds nice, does it kill algae? Does that level presist long enough to do anything to DOC level? Does it kill plants?

Regards,
Tom Barr