At 07:30 AM 23/09/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>Richard J. Sexton wrote:
>> It's only lgitimate use in the aquarium is if you need to get a lot
>> of oxygen into the wator very very quickly. (Ref: Dieter
>> Untergasser, Handbook of fish Diseases, TFH press.
>
>There has been much speculation that peroxide destroys algae. I have not
>done any specific experiments to see if this is the case. Anyone?

I played with it a lot last year afteg giving up on bleach to
cure a 7 year infestation of staghrn algae.

It kills procayotic algae well. But it also wipes out your bactaria
in the tank so you get to cycle it again, and frankly it doesn't do a better
job than Flourish excel and a proper fertilization regime. It's also
got a very dangerous overdose potential: only slightly over the dose where
it will
kill *some* algae it will kill, well, everything and literallr
scar and stunt plants it does't kill.

You have an algae problem?

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net