Re: [APD] CO2 revelations

Jerry Baker wrote:
> Keep in mind that CO3 form two bicarbonate ions in water and tests
> measure CaCO3 equivalents, so you need twice the NaHCO3.

After re-reading this, it sounds confusing. I should have said that
since carbonate anions are divalent, and bicarbonate ions are univalent,
it takes two bicarbonate ions to equal the buffering capacity of one
carbonate anion. That means that you have to add two molecules of NaHCO3
to equal the alkalinity of one molecule of CaCO3.

LOL. That doesn't sound any better I suppose. I quit. ;)

--
Jerry Baker