Re: [APD] KH Test variance

Well, it's hard for a manufacturer to control on-the-shelf
time without going to each store and auditing -- something
that would be rather expensive, I imagine. But Seachem has
always been great at customer service.

If you do have a particular trace element deficiency or
excess, iron levels aren;t likely to show that, is it? I
wouldhave thought that the appearance of the plants would
be a better indicator.

But it never hurts to know :-)

Scott H.

--- Chris Hotte <ecwh73 at gmail_com> wrote:

> S. Hieber wrote:
>
> >Never used SeaChem's but haven't had much luck with iron
> >test kits. I think as a rule if a test kit registers
> >anyting at all, you probably have enough iron. Unless
> the
> >plants shows chlorosis, and you are using a trace mix, I
> >wouldn't worry about iron levels.
> >

> I'm using iron as a baseline for the tracemix content in
> the tank. I
> believe the mix is prepared on that basis. The reason for
> the kit is to
> determine consumption and therefore a delivery rate.  I
> do hear you, as
> it's best to keep iron at the low end of the scale. The
> idea behind the
> seachem kit was to get more of an idea other than [not]
> enough iron. I
> found a bulletin on their site which determins my reagent
> needs to be
> replaced. Gotta love expired reagent right out of box.
>
> - Chris.

Coming Soon in November, the winners and all the other beautiful entries in the 6th Annual International Aquascaping Contest. Every continent is represented -- except Antarctica. Maybe next year Antarctica, too ;-)

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org