Re: [APD] KH Test variance

Never used SeaChem's but haven't had much luck with iron
test kits. I think as a rule if a test kit registers
anyting at all, you probably have enough iron. Unless the
plants shows chlorosis, and you are using a trace mix, I
wouldn't worry about iron levels.

For the KH titration tests, you can double the sample
volume and then treat each drop as if it was half a drop
when using the regular sample size. This can get you a bit
more accuracy from the kit. E.g., if the regular volume is
5 ml and each drop is one degree, then with 10 ml, each
drop would be 1/2 degree.

Also, it can make a diff whether you take you sample volume
measurement at the edge or the bottom of the meniscus (the
visible curve of the liquid at the surface in the measuring
tube. General rule of thumb is to use the bottom of the
meniscus but bottom or top, consistency is key.

Scott H.