Powerhead works, but try something up around at least 500
or so gph. If you can get fittings to connect a hose bib,
then you can use 5/8 or 3/4 inch ID garden hose for a
drain. Your teresterial plants will thank you. The larger
diameter makes a big diff.  I change our 75 gal in just a
few minutes.

sh