Re: [APD] Light and Lids and jumping fish

> Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:12:37 -0400
> From: "Jerry Smith" <jerrytheplater at hotmail_com>
>
> I believe I remember reading something in the Archives or from the list
> itself about someone using a rim around the top of the tank to keep
> jumpers
> in the water. I don't remember if it was paralllel to the surface or
> perpendicular. Does anyone else remember anything about this rim?

We used a 6" vertical acrylic rim around our 120g All-Glass tank to keep
the Rainbowfish and SAE where they were supposed to be.  We had a plastics
shop fabricate two L-shaped pieces that fit nicely inside the plastic trim
around the top of the tank and cut notches for filter returns, heater
cords and other stuff.  Having it in two pieces allowed the front piece to
be easily removed for access.

Worked great - never lost a fish after it was installed.

George Booth
http://users.frii.com/gbooth