Re: [APD] black substrate beads

   Vaughn you were asking about where the black beads come from. I did a
little digging and asking while at work. The beads come from a company in
Fort Smith Arkansas. Here's there website address.
http://www.nortonproppants.com
This stuff is called Sintered Bauxite. It has to be thoroughly washed to get
the dust out, but once that's done it's pretty much inert according to the
data sheet... http://www.nortonproppants.com/06_products/Bauxite.pdf

I don't know if they sell it in small amounts, but I'd guess it's worth
asking anyway. The only hazard I've found is the stuff makes for a sliippery
floor if you spill it.

Justin Travis
Lovington NM

>From: Vaughn Hopkins <hoppy1 at surewest_net>