[APD] Is it possible to "charge" a high CEC substrate?

I am wondering whether it is possible to "charge" a substrate with a
high CEC like Turface. My idea is to soak it in a strong solution of
chelated micros (like TMG or PMDD) and perhaps even macros, rinse it,
and then place it in the tank. My theory being that at least some of its
exchange capacity will hold on to the stuff. Does this even sound
plausible? Seems like it might be a way to give the substrate a "head
start." Or, it might be a good way to flush a lot of fertilizer and
waste a couple hours.

--
Jerry Baker