Re: [APD] Hush hush pump, fan

Dude,

Do NOT confuse PC fan speed controllers with household dimmer switches.  The
PC controllers are rated for between 7 and 12 Volts DC (the OUTPUT of the PC
power supply) and tiny amperages less than 1 Amp.  Household dimmer switches
need to cope with 110 Volts AC (or if you're in countries like Aus 240 Volt
AC) at 10 Amps or maybe more.

You're asking for big trouble if you use PC fan controllers connected to
mains voltage.  Imagine nasty things like (i) starting a fire and burning
yourself/your house/the entire unit block down, or (ii) frying yourself/your
kids/someone else's kids/...

The short answer is the voltage certainly makes a difference.  This may not
apply to you - but for safety's sake this has to be said:  To anyone who
didn't immediately know the answer to the orginal question - but are
thinking of fiddling with mains voltage electrickery:
- GET SOMEONE WHO KNOWS TO DO IT FOR YOU.