Re: [APD] light and the w/gal rule

The wpg recs are generally only offered for high flos and
MHs, which have roughly the same efficiency.

Wpg is a hand wave. It's a simple rough and ready way to
hit a target that's a mile wide. You don't need a
telescopic sight to hit a barn door. They wouldn't hurt but
they aren't readily available to most folks, who luckily
don't really need them.

It's not that a person can't find out a lot more info than
is readily available and then with some work, apply it to
what bulbs they put on their aquarium. But in the long run
I think a person would be hard pressed to show that their
tanks grew better than others' and the reason was the bulbs
that are x% stronger than those the others use.

How much light do you need on your porch? About 15 watts
fluorescent or about 40-60 incandescent.  Could a finer
prescription be develooped? Sure. Would we have better
porches? Generally not, imo.

sh

sh