Re: [APD] Dreaded Lumens/PAR/PPFD/Watt per Gallon Topic

I do. I think wpg is a rough but handy general reference.
Lumens is certainly no better.

The old 4 wpg rule was based onthe old T12s and back int he
days when many folks were having a hard time getting enough
light, CO2, nutrients.  Turns out, with the better, newer
fluorescents, 2wpg works very well for most situations,
even without CO2.

If there was an easy way for folks to get better info, that
would be fine. But it's not like having absolutely stunning
aquascapes depends on 2 versus 3wpg. There's a lot of
latitude with aquatic gardening.

Have plants, have fun,
Scott H.

sh

http://www.cquest.utoronto.ca/env/env234y/bht/FACTS-234-04.pdf
> http://www.aquabotanic.com/litg.htm
>
> --
> Jerry Baker

Coming Soon in November, the winners and all the other beautiful entries in the 6th Annual International Aquascaping Contest. Every continent is represented -- except Antarctica. Maybe next year Antarctica, too ;-)

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org