Re: [APD] Pressure pumps versus circulation pumps

> I went with the pressure pump with the 1/2" outlet because of the
> convoluted 1/2" piping path it will use - built-in piping intended for
> another use initially. I don't like seeing any equipment in the tank,
> plus the submersibles at higher flows pull a lot of watts which adds
> heat. I've got a tricky combination with goldfish in a planted tank, so
> cleanup and lower temperatures tend to work against each other. Hence the
> external pump and trying to get better waste extraction, mainly for
> aesthetics.

In terms of water movement, this worked out very well. However, this pump
runs loud and hot to me, but I've never run these before so I don't know if
this is normal or defective. The model I used is rated at 90 watts. I'd
hate to see what the water temp would be if it was a submersible.

TW