Re: [APD] tempered glass

Tempered glass doesn't break into big shards that can cut your head
off.  For that reason it is mandatory for all glass doors, shower stall
doors, big windows low enough to walk into, etc.   Also, for that
reason it is  used for automobile side windows.  It is also very strong
compared to regular glass.
I am a do-it-yourself remodeler and worked as a handyman for a few
years, so I did a lot of studying of codes when I would tackle various
jobs, including glass doors and windows.
Vaughn H.