Re: [APD] Sources of DIY Material

Liz Wilhite wrote:
>  Dark colored sands are not easy to find if you aren't willing to pay
> megabucks -- at least that's been my experience. I found some bulk black
> sand at an Issaquah, WA aquarium shop but it wasn't cheap though I no longer
> remember the price. They also had my favorite sand -- light colored fine
> Monterey Sand. Carrib-Sea packages various colors of sand but its kinda like
> covering the bottom of your tank in gold in terms of dollars. Some of their
> cichlid sands are quite nice but may affect water chemistry -- I've never
> checked.

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't have to be dark. I'm just looking for
something that isn't white. Texblast would be fine. Anything resembling
a natural color that isn't very light. This is proving to be way more
difficult than I imagined. If and when I do find it I will definitely
post it here so that others can find it.

--
Jerry Baker