[APD] Silicone that really sticks

I'm using 1/2" thick black eggcrate across the back of my 90 gallon. It's
attached with black zipties to standoffs made of black eggcrate that is
siliconed to the tank walls. The silicone fails regularly when doing
maintenance that applies a stress to the connection. I've used GE RTV 108
designed for aquariums as well as the regular hardware store stuff. Is
there a type, or glue, that will grip the glass better? The standoffs are
two cells wide by about eight inches long, so the connection to the glass
is 1/2" by 8" long.

TW