Re: [APD] One bulb on a two bulb ballast

Bulb manufacturers seem to refer to bulbs as lamps --
handily glossing over any issues of shape implied in the
noun. However, we common folk tend to call "lamps" the
things into which we put bulbs -- such as desk lamps and
table lamps but tend to side with the manufacturers when it
comes to headlamps.  What some of us call "lamos" other
folks call "light fixtures." My Aunt Mary was a light
fixture -- she'd hang around the house all day but only
during a few weeks in summer.

Scott H.

--- Stuart Halliday <stuart at stuarthalliday_com> wrote:

> krisa at demilune_net wrote:
>
> > BTW, here's a point of discussion:  Are they lamps or
> bulbs? ;)
>
> I call them tubes. ;-)
>

> --
> Stuart Halliday

Have you uploaded your photos?
Sent in the Photo Release Form?
Don't wait too long for that perfect picture-taking moment; the
September 15 deadline for entries to the AGA Inernational
Aquascaping Contest is fast approaching.

Share the fun and show your work!

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org