From: Paul Kemner

Subject: [APD] Removing Copper
To: aquatic plants digest

I'm moving to a house that has a 200' long, 60-year-old copper water line
running from another building. I think the water is picking up copper while
sitting in the line, and I've had trouble with both fish and plants there.
We're not using much water there now, and I hate to leave the water run for
20 min before doing a water change.

Will any of the commercial water conditioners remove, precipitate, or
otherwise render copper harmless?