Re: [APD] Canopy Cooling

Makes sense to me. Maybe because I've done the same myself.

sh

--- Jerry Baker <jerry at bakerweb_biz> wrote:

> S. Hieber wrote:
> > Still, I personally would never want to use an
> ultra-high
> > speed tubeaxial fan. There is almost always a better
> > solution than spinning a tubeaxial that fast. Bigger
> fan,
> > more fans, better airflow design (in the computer or
> the
> > aquarium hood or whatever). . .
> >
> > Otoh, I might do it just to see how it works ;-) Why
> not?
>
> The only reason I may use fans in the first place is to
> keep the bulbs
> cooler and assist the natural convection. 115 CFM would
> change the air
> under my canopy once every 2.4 seconds ;) Actually, I was
> planning on
> using the low RPM Panaflo to get somewhere around 40 CFM.
> That should
> keep any temperature related bulb dimming to a minimum,
> and still allow
> me to hear the TV.
>
> --
> Jerry Baker

The September 15 deadline for entries to
the AGA Inernational Aquascaping Contest is fast approaching.

Don't forget to indicate if you want your AGA entry to also be an ADA (Aqua Design Amano) Layout Contest entry!

All the info is here:
http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org

Share the fun and show your work!