Re: [APD] Canopy Cooling

You can probably damp that resonance by isolating the fan
with rubber mounts like these:

http://www.siliconacoustics.com/fanisolators1.html

or by putting rubber washes between the fan and the
mounting surface.

If it is the reflector that is "resonating" to the fan
vibration, sometimes applying a piece of material at the
right location will kill the resonance.

sh

--- Tom Wood <tomwood2 at flash_net> wrote:

> I bought one of the 4" SilenX fans and the fan itself is
> quiet. It does
> induce a harmonic in the canopy/tank enclosure, even
> though it's 3/4" MDF.
> Not too noticeable except when everything else is off.
> And yeah, gotta keep
> the blades clean.

The September 15 deadline for entries to
the AGA Inernational Aquascaping Contest is fast approaching.

Don't forget to indicate if you want your AGA entry to also be an ADA (Aqua Design Amano) Layout Contest entry!

All the info is here:
http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org

Share the fun and show your work!