Re: [APD] hydrogen sulfide - thanks

Local outlets has 220V 50Hz, so I am using a 60Vca (typical en CATV
industry), galvanic insulation transformer for feeding the resistors. There
is also a dimmer circuit, to allow two phases: day and night. Daytime
permits the substrate to be 1ºC above the water, nigh phase just a bias
voltage.

Resistors are outside the tank, with the following configuration: a granite
plate over the tank stand, a Styrofoam plate (1/2 inch), the resistors, an
aluminum plate (1 mm), and above the tank. Resistors are solid rod type
(industrial standard), arranged in zigzag.  Everything is grounded for
safety issues.

This system has been working for 2 years, it is very easy to check if it is
working properly.

Cables buried into the substrate trend to fail in the long term at least in
my experience. Moisture finds it way to get inside the jacket, and corrosion
did the rest. Other side effect was that long roots wrap around the cables,
therefore they were pulled out the substrate when a plant was removed

I spent some time with these systems, but it is fun and I like it.

Mariano