Re: [APD] Aeration & a planted tank

Scott asked,

"Can more folks report on non-co2 set-ups where they don't have
morning-gasping and don't have aeration other than a water (or filter)
pump?"

I have a 10 gallon tank with about 15 inches of fish, 40 to 50 "fast
growing" plants, and a sponge filter.

I also have a 20 gallon tank with about 80 growing plants and perhaps 50
guppies.  It also usually has a heavy cover of duckweed.

I have never seen fish gasping at the surface in either of these tanks.  If
I ever did, I would assume a water quality problem and do a large water
change.  If the problem recurred, I'd reduce the fish load.

Bill