Re: [APD] CO2 CANNISTER

The Hagen device consists of a bottle with a top that seals
and has a tubing fitting on top, plus a clear plastic
device that is essentialy a back and forth series of ramps
along with CO2 bubbles from the bottle travel. The ramp is
a method of prolonging the contact of the bubble with the
water.

Into the bottle one puts the Hagen premix or you can make
your own, and sugar. A fermentation bottle, sometimes
called by the high-falooting name, yeast *reactor*, is jsut
a bottel of sugar water in which yeast are feeding on the
sugar and giving off CO2 as a biological byproduct.

You can also make one out of a plastic water bottle and
feed the CO2 into the intake of a canister filter.

A good recipe an other info on fermetation CO2 set-ups are
here:

http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/Nyberg_yeast.ppt

Also, you can find info here:

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/CO2/

Good luck, good fun,
Scott H.
--- drajitathale <drajitathale at hclinfinet_com> wrote:

> What is this co2 cannister ?
>
> Kindly elaborate.
>
> ajit
> India.
>

> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Message: 6
> > Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:54:15 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: jeff scarsdale <scrsdl at yahoo_com>
> > Subject: Re: [APD] Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 24, Issue
> 30
> > To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
> >

> > Aeration in a planted tank isn't necessary if the tank
> is heavily
> planted.By this I mean ALOT of plants.If it has a fae
> then I would recomend
> still using the bio-wheel.Make sure the difuser is on the
> opposit end of
> yuor tank.
> >
> > I know your only using Excel at the moment,but I would
> advise adding a co2
> fermintation canister.I use the one from HAGAN. It works
> great and is
> cheap.I'd stay away from diy types,too many bad accidents
> waiting to
> happen(just my opinion).The EXCEL can still be added
> along with it.
> >
> > My 30gallon long is currently ran by: Hagen co2
> canister,
> >

> Emporer 280,
> >
> >                                               1-48"
> shop light using 2
> Corlife Nutri-grow @40watts,
> >

> 1 Coralife 50/50
> @40watts'
> >

> merlin 60+ fluidized
> bed filter w/Rio 600 pump,
> >
> >                                                    and
> Eco-Complete
> substrate.
> >
> > Before I was using 2 - 18" lights that you can get @
> $5.00 with a plant
> light @15watts.Not nearly enuogh by any means.I was also
> using Natural
> Aquarium Vital.This stuff was only so-so at best I
> thought.
> >

> > Jeff Scarsdale

So far it looks like this might be the biggest year ever for Aquascaping Contest entries from countries outside of North America.

Share the fun; show your work.
The AGA's 6th Annual International Aquascaping Contest is open.

The deadline for submissions to the AGA Aquascaping contest is September 15.

Entries are only $5 and for that half a sawbuck you can have your AGA entry automatically entered in the ADA (Aqua Design Amano) contest for free, a savings in time and shipping costs!

Check it out at:
http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org