Re: [APD] aeration & a planted tank

         Since plants consume O2 at night as I know it, heavily planted
tank will deplete the dissolved O2 in 12 hours of darkness. The two main
planted tanks are 50 gal with good water movement from Eheim 2217's. Two
identical ones (including lights) one with Co2 injected and one with a
spraybar. Both are lush green but the plants thriving are very different.

         Some time ago (a few years) I borrowed a DO meter and checked. In
the day the O2 levels were either 6 or 8 ppm (saturated). At 8 AM I
measured very low levels, I can't remember exactly and couldn't locate the
data. The CO2 fed tank was the worst I remember.. I must get a meter again
and report the numbers.

         I agree with you on air stones, but they are good tools for an
aquarist with many tanks and interest in breeding etc.

Raj

--
Raj, vu2zap
Bangalore, South India.