Re: [APD] Book List

> As for terry's book, I haven't read it, but considering his history and
> the book's title, it sounds like the perfect book for a lfs since the
> main goal for a book there is to keep new people to the hobby from
> killing stuff; be it plants or fish.

 My suggestion for a beginner book is the 10 page book that Barr hasn't
written yet. It doesn't take a lot of space to tell people how to grow
plants and what they require. I read Walstad's book and most of the others
mentioned but the source I refer to when things aren't working well is a 5
paragraph email I got from Tom about a week after posting to this list, and
one of Tom's posts on a forum on his website. I saved a couple hundred
dollars when setting up each tank after the first one because of the
information there: no special substrates, lights that are too intense or
expensive fertilizers.
 Liz