Re: [APD] Phosphates too much? any alternative answers to reducin g the problem.

On 8/12/05, Vaughn Hopkins <hoppy1 at surewest_net> wrote:

> Liz,
> My original assertion was that adding large quantities of tap water,
> without treating it for chloramine, could leave ammonia in the tank.

 Yep, products addressing chlorine but not chloramine do that.
 Scott's original assertion was: 'Some of the additives that "break the
chloramine" bond leave chlorine and ammonia in the water -- thanks a lot
overhyped additive.' That's what I was making reference to. I don't know
what the overhyped additive is, so I asked about one of the more popular
products for chloramines. I don't think Prime is the only product sold that
safely and effectively treats chloramines.

Liz