Re: [APD] Ich and planted tanks

It might not be hogwash, it might only be an incomlete
explanation ;-) . That the stuff seems often to be
persistent at low levels is an oft reported phenomena.
Those reports are sometimes pooh-poohed with the claim that
ich can't survive in dormancy. Perhaps yet another partial
picture.

Last I heard, it doesn't spring from the air. So unless one
introduces it to an aquarium by contact with a contaminated
net or fish, etc., then it will only show up in a tank
where it already exists.

I imagine in a pubic aquarium, the heating cost is
outweighed by the medicinal cost of treating every very
large amounts of water. That might factor into the choice
of treatment as well as the other choices one can make
about ich.

sh