Re: [APD] LED Lightis

So much for science ;-) .

Interesting anecdotally, nonetheless.

Superbrigt LEDs are the answer to a question that been
asked before, what's almost as bright and not quite as
efficient as, but much mre complex to wire than, HO
fluorescent packages like T5s and 55w compacts.

Bright LEDs were a technological breakthrough in very small
lighting packages, but the advantages don't translate well
when you try to scale up. On large scales, say bigger than
than the palm of your hand, durability is is the primary,
purhaps only, advantage.

Someday I might be proved wrong, but my bet is that it will
be a new technology that does it, not fluorescing LEDs.

Get real, get plants,
sh

--- Gomer <thatsmrgomertoyou at gmail_com> wrote:

> I think this thread and experiment with LEDs vs PC will
> be of some interest.

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/showthread.php?t=1009&highlight=luxeon

A little over 1 month to go. The deadline for submissions to the AGA Aquascaping contest is September 15. What are you waiting for?

Entries are only $5 and for that half a sawbuck you can have your AGA entry automatically entered in the ADA (Aqua Design Amano) contest for free, a savings in time and shipping costs!

Share the fun; show your work.
The AGA's 6th Annual International Aquascaping Contest is open.

Check it out at:
http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org