RE: [APD] ich

To try and defeat an ich outbreak in my tank I am in the 3rd week of an
'every other day 50% water change' regimen with temps up around 85-86. I
have seen the steady decline of the spots. Oddly enough there was always an
increase in the spots immediately following a water change which I imagine
may have been due to the stirring up of 'sleepers' the gravel by vacuuming.

I will continue this routine until the spots do not reappear for 5 weeks.

I was unable/unwilling to use any medications for fear of losing/harming my
plants/shrimp/botia. In the process I did lose a Cory or two but others
(including Neons) have made it through the spots unscathed.

Adam