Re: [APD] If it's good for street light...

Not to pick too many nits in all the things you rightly
point out, but I think it worth mentioning that the process
for the super bright LEDs, while relying on fluorescence
isn't quite the same process in the glass bulbs. With the
bulbs, the gas, which includes vaporized mercury, becomes a
plasma when heated and that emits UV photons that cause the
phosphors to fluoresce. With the LEDS, there is no plasma
-- it's a solid state affair. It's a diff that doesn't
matter to most on APD, I would guess, but one that I find
terribly interesting. The incandescent is such a crude
device compared to the arc lights (fluorescents, MH, etc)
and LEDs. But hey make great heaters. ;-)

sh