Re: [APD] 8800K PC Lamps Are Great!

Glad you like your bulbs. Don't forget the brightest curve
for fluorescents. The light output rapidly declines
initially and then more slowly as they age. Brand new bulbs
always look brighter than older ones. But the diff
noticeably lessens after a short time.

True colors compared to incandescent lighting is one thing;
compared to noonday sunlight is another; compared to one or
another (type of) fluorescent is pretty much a wild card,
depending on the individual bulb design.

Try also the Aquasuns, rated 10,000 but an overall visible
light blend very similar to sunlight.

Scott H.

--- Tom Wood <tomwood2 at flash_net> wrote:

> I just installed a new pair of the 8800K 96W PC lamps
> from Champion
> Lighting on my 90 gallon and I wanted to say that I'm
> very happy with the
> new look. True colors. I had also ordered an
> actinic/10,000K lamp (two
> tubes) to experiment with, but I plugged it in wrong and
> broke it, so that
> particular experiment will have to wait. Anyway, the
> 8800K light is very
> white compared to the 6500/5000K combo I was using
> before. I was asked
> today if the tank was 'real' so I guess it now has that
> 'wow' factor. ;-/
>
> TW

Plants and DVDs for sale at the AGA table at the ACA 2005 Annual Convention, Fort Worth, Texas on July 21-24, 2005.
ACA Convention Details at

http://www.aca2005.org/