Re: [APD] Spot Algae

Me too, I have spot algae problems from time to time too.

I have found adding additional plants made a huge reduction in the problem but still doesn't solve it completely.

I have a internal power head/sponge filter with three cylinder sponges works well. I'm dosing with Seachem Flourish and Seachem Flourish Iron. At the time I didn't have any CO2 added to the tank. pH,Nitrites, Ammonia all excellent, KH and GH in the normal to a little higher than normal range. about 110ppm ish.

Any define answers as to what causes it would be good.
=Nick

Jason Miller wrote:

 I'm starting to get a good amount of spot algae on my tank glass.  It's
tough, and doesn't wipe off easily - I'll need a credit card to get it off,
maybe even a razor.  Removal of it is one thing, but how do I prevent it
from coming back?  I am using EI dosing (KNO3,K2PO4, TMG) w/ CO2 diffused
through an Hagen ladder at about 1 bubble/sec, 85wpg (T8/6) on a 35 gal
(14hr/day), 50%+ WC/week.
 Am I missing something?

Jason