Re: [APD] Algae blume due to CO2 DIY Yeast?

The white cloudiness soes not sound like an algae bloom; it
sounds like a bacterial bloom. If so, it will pass.

sh

--- Vaughn Hopkins <hoppy1 at surewest_net> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
> I ran a 120 gallon tank with a DIY CO2 bottle for about 3
> years, using
> a Fluval 304 filter.  I don't remember ever having this
> problem.  My
> CO2 bottle was a 3 liter size, with 3 cups of sugar and
> 3/8 teaspoon of
> baking yeast.
>
> Vaughn H.
>
> On Sunday, July 10, 2005, at 08:32 PM, Nicolas Munro
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Normally my tank is crystal clear. I've recently gotten
> into the whole
> > CO2 plant thing and decided to test out a 1litre DIY
> yeast and coke
> > bottle method.
> >
> > If I look long ways through my tank (1.4m) it appears a
> cloudy white
> > colour with about 25% reduction in transparency and
> besides the adding
> > some more plants from a friend and addition of a DIY
> YEAST generator
> > running Bakers Yeast and 1 cup of sugar in 500ml of
> water, I haven't
> > changed anything else in my set-up.
> >
> > To combat this problem since its been two weeks since
> the bloom first
> > appeared and also generally upgrade I've decided to
> grab a spare
> > canister filter 1500 L/h and use that instead of my
> normal internal
> > filter power head and sponge filter which has an filter
> mass of 1/5 of
> > the canister filter.
> >

> > My question is this:
> > Is this a common thing with DIY CO2 and Yeast?
> >
> > =Nick

Plants and DVDs for sale at the AGA table at the ACA 2005 Annual Convention, Fort Worth, Texas on July 21-24, 2005.
ACA Convention Details at

http://www.aca2005.org/