RE: [APD] Light spectrum and Algea

Wise is right. Even if there was some systematic evidence
that particular portions of the spectrum favored algae over
plants *and* that the diffs in spectral output of one shade
of white light compared to another was significant, there
remains the problem that two bulbs with the same K rating
won't necessarily have the spectral output. So the
generalization is worth less than a burned out bulb.

You have to remember that we're not talking about diff
colored bulbs like on a Christmas tree, we're talking about
diff *white* bulbs. Forget all that balderdash and get what
looks nice. So many other things matter so much more --
nutrients, maintenance, excess light of almost any shade of
white.

Good luck, good fun,
Scotdt H.

aquatic-plants-bounces+nicholas_wise=lgeenergy.com at actwin.com