Re: [APD] Re: Temperature, Thermometers & Mercury

Liquid mercury is not the major hazard, so I doubt that your brain misfires would be caused by the little thermometer caper. My experiences with mercury include having a mercury filled, high pressure manometer explode from over pressure and spray me in the face with mercury (it felt like water). I just went home, took a shower and washed my clothes. My brain still works fine - ok, how about as fine as it ever did - or as fine as I would expect it to work at my age, or something. Mercury that has combined formed an organic compound is another matter, and that, I understand, is the really poisonous stuff.

Vaughn H.