Re: [APD] De-chloramination

I've got an under sink filter underneath my kitchen sink. And I just use water straight from there. Many have told me that the gravel filters used in these things aren't suppose to filter chloramines very well, but I've yet to have any problems that weren't more attribitable to drastic temp or ph changes. To prevent the temp change I tend to fill up old gallon jugs and leaving them out for changing water in my small tanks. For the bigger ones, I just take it more slowly.

So..  it works for me, but perhaps not others.
-derek parr

doug wrote:

I have always dechloraminated my water in buckets prior to introducing it into aquariums. I am getting tired
of lifting 5 gallon buckets! What's the alternative?

Doug